Tuesday, February 02, 2010


In 1924, Hachikō was brought to Tokyo by his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo. During his owner's life Hachikō saw him off from the front door and greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return on the usual train one evening. The professor had suffered a stroke at the university that day. He died and never returned to the train station where his friend was waiting.

Hachikō was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, showing up again and again at his old home. Eventually, Hachikō apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachikō waited for Professor Ueno to return. And each day he did not see his friend among the commuters at the station.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. They brought Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

This continued for 10 years, with Hachikō appearing only in the evening time, precisely when the train was due at the station.


I want to watch, But I don't wanna cry like a baby :/

This puppy was adopted from an animal shelter by a family who returned him after just a few weeks in an emaciated condition.

According to STOMPer Doris, the family who had adopted him had not fed him adequately.

The STOMPer says:

"Just a couple of weeks ago, a puppy named Dillon, from an animal shelter was put up for adoption by volunteers.

"They managed to re-home the puppy to a family who was interested in it.

"However, Dillon was returned to the shelter yesterday, in a very skinny condition.

"In a conversation that the volunteers had with the adopter yesterday, the adopter had complained that Dillon defecated 4 times a day even though she only fed him a small meal once a day.

"She also complained that Dillon chewed on her furniture.

"The adopter has the mindset of treating an animal like a commodity; which she returns when it's unsatisfactory.

"What disturbed us most is the neglect of welfare that the family has for Dillon by not feeding him enough just to reduce the number of times he defecated."

Can't believe that she/her family would do that to a helpless dog.
Argh!! Feeding it less doesn't mean that it would poop less! Morons!!
A dog is not a toy.